Currently reading:
New here!- Mixer Shower Issue!

Discuss New here!- Mixer Shower Issue! in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello!

Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things.

Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house.

Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's sufficient water and set to hot, but after a minute or so the pressure drops, water slows ( I can literally hear the boiler shut off) then all of a sudden the shower bursts into life with very fast cold water, leaving me frantically trying to adjust the temperature lever only a tiny amount to restore heat...its a real fiddle and not fun after a long day working outside in the cold.

Ive added a picture below, it appears the installer fitted part of the body upside down??

Is there anything I can do to fix/ repair/ restore its function?...Im a mechanic so am fine with spanners, im just not sure about where to start with this type of shower.

Any thoughts are greatly welcome

Many thanks

Martyn
PXL_20231215_073031044.jpg

Reply to New here!- Mixer Shower Issue! in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back